Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Real Talk

Real talk.

Lately I've been really feeling like I should do something to help orphans. I don't know why. One day I just started thinking about it, and that thought grew and grew. Last week, at our S.P.L.A.S.H. event at church, one of the college team members said the word orphan, and I prayed, "God, if this whole orphan thing really is from you, then sometime during the week, have a different team member say the word orphan." Well...one of them did. I don't know where I should go from here. I mean, I'm just a 16 year old girl. I really want to get a job soon so I can use the money to sponsor one, or a few, kids through Compassion International, Orphans Tear, or some other program like that.

Someday, maybe when I'm older, I want to go overseas to help at an orphanage for a little while, Lord willing.

Is this my calling? Maybe, maybe not. But right now, my heart cries out for orphans.

-Kirstin

3 comments:

  1. Me and carlee went to a camp this summer where they sponsored compassion international and I really wanted to sponsor a kid but I didn't have enough money. It made me reall really sad but that's something I really want to do too. But I'm hoping too next summer or sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giiiirl! Don't let that die if you think it may be a calling. My whole Camp Barnabas thing started like that, and its still going and I hope it still will. Who knows? If you follow with a willing heart maybe you can help some kids and pave the way for others to help as well. Try reading up on orphanages around the globe. Try googling Marias Big House of Hope. Steven Curtis Chapman founded it in memory of his adopted daughter. Its a house for orphans with medical problems. The story is awesome and I'm sure there is some way you can help them out...even if it is only a small way right now. But then again, it always starts that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so weird because I've been dreaming about orphans and they have been on my heart as well. I will pray God gives your heart guidance in this area. Love you!

    ReplyDelete