Sunday, October 16, 2011

Help Me Out, Here.

Warning: This is going to be a very honest post. It's kind of embarrassing, actually.

I used to be the DEFINITION of boy crazy. Ridiculously, I have liked countless guys in my 17 years of living. I was one of those girls that would freak out if a cute guy talked to me. I was one of those girls who would get squeaky and utterly obnoxious after talking to a guy. I still have the tendency to be obnoxious now, but not over boys.

Now, at 17 years old, I realize how stupid and idiotic I was in doing that. I'm actually ashamed that I used to be that way. My views on boy/girl relationships have dramatically changed in just 7 months. Those views have been changed by situations in my life and by God showing me through His Word and through other people. Quite surprisingly, I have not had a "crush" on anybody in 7 months. During these 7 months, I've grown so much in the Lord because my mind was not occupied by thoughts of a boy. I've been guarding my heart as best as I can.

I now believe that it is so unwise to be in a relationship as a teenager. These are the changing years. Personalities change, looks change, and beliefs change. Just because you meet someone your extremely compatible with when your 16, doesn't mean one of you won't change in a drastic way later on.

I've gone 7 months without liking anybody, and I know that I am quite able to live without having a crush, so I have made a commitment to God to not like anybody until I'm at least 18. So I have a favor to ask of my friends reading this. If you hear me talking about any boy as more than a friend, or ANYTHING of that sort, please say something. It can be something as simple as "Kirstin, guard your heart." or "Kirstin, remember your commitment." Please, please, PLEASE help me in this way.

Be praying for me,
Kirstin

3 comments:

  1. Cooks! YES! Someone who GETS IT! I am the same way although I haven't truthfully liked a guy in a year. It makes me sad because I know some people who think it is pathetic that I haven't even had a 1st kiss. I am so glad you have decided to wait 'till you 18. I think it's SO smart. I think I'm going to wait intil I graduate from college though. Just beause I'd prefer to be able to get my career going 'ya know? But if the Lord has prepaired some one for me during those years, then GREAT! Lol, anyways, I'm rambling because I'm so excited that there are girls in the world who are getting it. ;) Keep serving Him!!

    Carlee
    P.S. If you ever need to vent: text me or calle me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be like that and I'm trying not to and I have been praying and asking God if He wants me to spend time with you know who or not and I have been trying to be a good friend before anything. Pray for me too.
    I Will keep you in my prayers. And Kirstin, I Love you so Much!

    Shiphy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I happen to disagree, but maybe cause I'm biased. Well, actually...I'll retract that. I agree to an extent. I disagree with the whole fourth paragraph. The one that starts with, "I now believe that it is so unwise..." I guess I disagree because I started courting Brian when I was 16 and he has been the best thing that has happened to me. Yes, we have screwed up and changed a lot, but we have grown and learned together. It has been wonderful and I have learned a lot through him and the Lord has used Brian in my life in so many ways. I guess I just come from a different side of it.

    ReplyDelete