Sunday, December 18, 2011

Chances Are...

Here lately I've been thinking about marriage. Partly due to the fact that my brother, Ryan, just got engaged to one of my best friends, Amanda! :)

Anyways, I've been thinking about how I hear a lot of girls talking about how "When I get married, I'll do yada yada.." just assuming that they will get married one day. I'm trying so hard to come to the realization that God controls my life. He controls what will happen. Me getting married might not be in His plan. I'm trying to realize that my life is not my own, no matter how much I try to control things. I mean, I still really want to get married one day, but if God has something else for me, then I should be content with that. I should be content with it because it's what HE wants, not what I want.

I want to be so close to God that His desires will be mine, and I won't have any problem with whatever He wants me to do (or not do.)

The chances of getting married are high these days, but the chances of them lasting are low. If I ever get married, I want it to be God-ordained, because I'd rather wait a long time for my marriage to last, rather than jump into something that will fall apart.

2 comments: